I’ve created and edited content across a variety of formats, including blog posts, case studies, whitepapers/ebooks, presentations, and more.
I edited and managed AWeber’s blog and resource section (directly at first, and then via a content manager who reported to me) from 2006 through 2014.
I also wrote 250+ posts for the blog. In the 6+ years since I left AWeber, many of those posts have been revised, redirected, or otherwise altered; however, there are several examples that you can still see, including:
- Do You Make These Mistakes In Your Email Footer? (40+ comments)
- Want To Double Your Blog Newsletter Readers? Here’s The First of 4 Tactics That Helped Us (60+ comments)
- Are Blacklisted Link Shorteners Getting Your Emails Blocked? (60+ comments)
- Five Content Ideas for Real Estate Emails (30+ comments)
- Think Before You Personalize (70+ comments)
- Restaurant Marketing: 5 List-Building Ideas (10+ comments)
- Segmentation Screwups: How Do You Recover? (20+ comments)
In these, I focused on:
- Delivering value through customer education
- Generating discussion (as you can see from the comment counts for each article)
The emphasis on delivering value and sparking discussion had several effects:
- Increased brand awareness in a competitive industry (email marketing software)
- Strong SEO and organic traffic across a broad swath of relevant, competitive terms, including numerous position 1 and page 1 placements
- Reduced customer churn
Whitepapers, e-books and other downloadables
At AWeber, I wrote, contributed to, or edited numerous downloadable content pieces. Here are a few examples (click to download PDFs):
I’ve given talks to audiences of up to 500+ for conferences and organizations like:
- Content Marketing Institute (download slides)
- Digital Marketer (download slides)
- Copyblogger (download slides)
What Can We Create Together?
Let’s discuss how I can help you tell compelling stories and create more profitable customer relationships through content.